8 Reasons I Started this Blog
Here I am. It is 10:30 at night and I am stuck thinking about this blog and why I blog, this hobby that I started. It is making me super introspective. (Yes, I just had to look that word up to make sure I used it right.) I haven’t talked about it to a lot of people yet, because it is kind of scary. I know they are all going to ask, “Why are you doing that??”
I understand their question, especially since blogging isn’t really common in my area. I don’t think I know anyone personally who has a blog. Maybe one? So yea, owning up to it and fessing up saying, “This is what I am doing!” is kind of scary!
“I am being ambitious.”
My aunt called me the other day to discuss something that my first post made her think of and she said I was being very ambitious. This was a wonderful compliment, and she is right! I am being ambitious. I want to try something new and get out there. My small town has about 2,000 people in it, but can I reach out farther? Can I become a part of something bigger?? Who knows?! I guess we are going to find out!
But back to my whole point. My Why. Why am I trying this particular something new? I figured I would list the reasons. This way I will be prepared when someone asks me!
Why I Blog:
- I love to write. I always have. I probably have 10 journals saved from 4th grade to now. I remember writing in my journal in school while I was hiding it in my Language Arts book. I was supposed to be reading. Who does that?!? Oh Yea. Me. So, I decided it is time to get back to my writing and, maybe if I do it online, someone will actually read it.
- Reading is my forte and I have discovered that I like reading blogs. There is something about getting a little bit of insight into someone else’s life that I just enjoy. (I like people watching too!) Maybe it is finding out that I am not as off the wall as I originally thought and there are people out there who enjoy the things I do. Or, maybe it’s because I aspire to be more like them and break out of my comfort zone. Either way, as I read more blogs, it made me think, maybe I could do something like that!
- I like to help people. It is kind of in my nature I guess. I am a teacher and currently my 2nd job is working at an assisted living center for the elderly. Both require a lot of giving, and I guess I have more to give. I have always received so much information and help through blogs, maybe through blogging I can help out more people and give more of myself.
- I like learning something new, and boy is this new! I have read all sorts of information on how to start a blog and what programs to use, what host to go through, etc. There has definitely been a learning curve, but it has also kept me on my feet! If you didn’t learn something new in life every day, what is the point of living?
- Everyone else is selling something, but I am not good at selling things. Part of this is probably because I don’t like buying things! I would rather just attempt to take your time, tell you some stories, and give you some information. If you decide you like something you see on here and you look into it further, that is your choice!
- It is a record, even if nobody reads this blog. (Which, apparently a few of you already have. It says so in my stats. Thank you!) It is something I can look back on in the next 2 to 5 to 10 years and remember my life now. When I have more kids and can’t remember when I fed Mia solids, or how I took care of her diapers, this blog will have it all written down! It will be a record of memories and pictures to look back on.
- It shows progress. Again, even if nobody reads this blog, it shows the progress that I have made over a period of time. I am not so naive to think that I will be the same person 3 years from now. I won’t be the same person 6 months from now! Therefore, this blog will show my progression as a mother and how I grew. I know I have A LOT to learn! I have only been a mom for 7 months! Chances are, I will look back on my first posts and think, “Wow, I was dumb!” But, you have to appreciate your past because it is the reason you are where you are today!
- Finally, I apparently don’t have enough to do! Okay, this one is probably a stretch and I may even be down right lying, but I am finding the time somewhere! This summer I will be running to cheer practice, volleyball camp, my brother’s baseball games, and enjoying my time with Mia, but I will also make time to write!
Okay, so maybe my list consists of 7 reasons why I blog, as the last one is a stretch, but they are 7 solid reasons! What is something you have been considering starting lately but haven’t? Can you come up with 8 reasons to give it a go? Just try! If you can come up with a solid list of reasons to do something new, you need to attempt it! You’ll always wonder what you could have accomplished if you don’t!
I hope I have answered some of your questions about my new venture, but if you have any more please leave them in the comment box below! As always, I encourage you to subscribe to my blog using the box on the upper right hand corner of the page so you can receive my posts in your email and not miss a single one!